How is it that I’ve never heard of BOOK TAG/ I DARE YOU?! This is such a fun game! I’d like to thank Addicted to Romance for taking the dare.
I hope she’ll not mind me hijacking this awesome idea and doing it on b2b. I just couldn’t help myself and wanted to share it with all of you. Neither of us know where this originated (she got it from Books and Beauty Are My Bag) but if anyone can tell us who originated this awesome questionnaire, we’d love to know so we can give credit to them.
You must be honest.
You must answer all the questions.
You must tag at least 4 people.
Here I go!
1. What book has been on your shelf the longest?
If we’re talking about my “literal” shelf, which is in my office, then it would be all of Madeline Hunter’s Medieval romances (I bought them all at the same time at my local used book store).
2. What is your current read, your last read, and the book you’ll read next?
Current: Maureen Driscoll’s new book (which I’m editing as we speak) Where Hearts Meet, which you’ll be able to purchase in spring.
Last: Lisa Kleypas’s latest historical ‘Devil in Spring’ by Lisa Kleypas (which I liked a lot)!
Next: Liz Carlyle’s ‘The Earl’s Mistress’ has been waiting for awhile for me to pick up, so that’ll come next 🙂
3. What book did everyone like, but you hated?
This one’s easy, although I can never say that I hate books. I’ll say the book everyone went crazy over and it left me disappointed. That would be ‘Duke of Sin’ by Elizabeth Hoyt 😦
4. What book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t?
This one’s easy too 😉
It would have to be ‘Fifty Shades of Gray’!
5. What book are you saving for retirement?
LOL! Maybe I’ll break and pick up ‘Fifty Shades of Gray’?!
6. Last page: read it first, or wait ’til the end?
Never EVER read it first!!!!! I’d like to savor the story and ponder the ending!
7. Acknowledgement: waste of paper and ink, or interesting aside?
I love the acknowledgements. They tell us a lot about the author.
8. Which book character would you switch places with?
Claire Fraser from ‘Outlander’. I would doo it in a New York second to take her place for even a minute. You can make of it what you will 🙂
9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life? (Place, time, person?)
I come from ex-Yugoslavia, Serbian region and ‘Serbian Cooking: Popular Recipes from the Balkan Region’ by
10. Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way.
11. Have you ever given a book away for a special reason to a special person?
I did. On our first wedding anniversary I gave my husband Rodney Dangerfield’s book of jokes, ‘No Respect’, because he used to tell me jokes when I was going through a painful time. By the way, he is very bad at telling them.
12. Which book has been with you most places?
13. Any “required reading” you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad two years later?
14. Used or brand new?
Now, any! Kindle too! But long, LONG time ago, when I was just a wee one, I looked forward to my father’s return from a trip, because he always bought me books. All brand new and smelling of print shop….
15. Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?
No, never. But I did see the movies and I loved them 🙂
16. Have you ever seen a movie you liked more than the book?
I think ‘Last of the Mohicans’ movie was much better than the book, or at least what I saw in my mind’s eye as I read it.
17. Have you ever read a book that’s made you hungry, cookbooks included?
LOL! You bet I did. Grace Burrowes’s books have a knack for making me hungry because some of her heroines can really cook and serve some delicious meals.
18. Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take?
It has to be my friend Zora. We’ve been friends since High School and we love our romances, so when she reads a good book, she’ll call me and brag about it until I buy the book.
19. Is there a book out of your comfort zone (e.g., outside your usual reading genre) that you ended up loving?
This one is hard because I always try to stick to a certain genre and hardly ever leave that comfort zone. And if I ever do, then it has to be because I love the author… Hmmmm…. I got nothing…. but if I do come up with something, I’ll be sure to come back to this question.
Now for tagging, I tag Maureen Driscoll, Carol Cork, Collette Cameron and Caroline Fyffe! I’ll look forward to reading their answers 😉
Melanie for b2b